USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Information
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes of operating the Registered Training Organisation. We will only disclose personal information to a third party where one or more of the following apply:
- You have given consent (verbal or written)
- NCVER requires RTO’s to report AVETMISS data for all accredited training, we report each January to meet our obligations. You can learn more about this process on their website.
- It is authorised or required by law, or necessary for the enforcement of law
- It will protect the rights, property, or personal safety of another person
- The assets and operations of the RTO business are transferred.
You can access the personal information we hold on you, except when government legislation requires or authorises the refusal of access.
- To access your personal information, you will need to login to the Student portal with your logins.
- You will be required to provide proof of identification if you need to retrieve your logins.
- Our information systems and files are kept secured from unauthorised access and our staff and contracted agents/ service providers have been informed of the importance we place on protecting the privacy and their role in helping us to do this and are contractually bound to honour such privacy.
We will only disclose information that we have about you or your organisation:
- To the extent specifically required by law
- For the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query).
- Information provided by you or your organisation is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Access to personal information
You can access the personal information we hold on you, except when government legislation requires or authorises the refusal of access. To access your personal information, you will need to contact us in writing and specify the type/s of information you wish to view. You will be required to provide proof of identification in person to view the information.
Storage & Security Storage of personal information (and the disposal of information when no longer required) is managed in accordance with the Australian Government’s records management regime.We ensure this by having such security measures as:
• storing electronic information on a secure server with restricted access.
• storing paper-based documents securely on our premises. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose.
Resolving privacy concerns
A complaint about information privacy will be acknowledged and communicated with the student.
Copyright and Proprietary Rights Australian Lifesaver Training and the courses available are the property of Australian Lifesaver Training and are protected by Australian and International Copyright laws.
All copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated with course text, graphics, design elements, audio, music and all other materials originated from or used within the program are reserved to Australian Lifesaver Training.
The User may not reproduce, upload, print, transmit, download or distribute any part of the program other than for its original intended use for Students. The User shall observe copyright and other restrictions imposed by Australian Lifesaver Training.
- The User may not use any Australian Lifesaver Training programs in any manner that infringes the rights of any person or entity.
- Australian Lifesaver Training owners, administrators, or distributors shall not be liable for any consequence arising from failure, or delay, in the performance of any of their obligations, or duties, or support expectations to Users of the system.
- All of Australian Lifesaver Training material, together with any suggestions, recommendations, opinions, instructions or any other communication made, both oral and written, directly or indirectly, is offered to Users in good faith.
- No condition, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, is given as to its validity or to the results obtained. The organisation/user alone is responsible for the proper adoption of Australian Lifesaver Training materials to their own needs, circumstances and operating environment.