Engaging | Fun | Professional Group Training
Are you interested in working in traffic control or on work and construction sites? This course covers the essential requirements needed to work safely in the construction industry.
Commonly known as “White Card” and is available for NSW standards.
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
- WHS legislative requirements
- Duty of Care
- Safe Work Practices
- Common construction hazards
- Hazard identification
- Hazard control and the “hierarchy of controls”
- Safety signs and symbols
- Designated safety positions on site
- Emergency response
- Basic First Aid overview
- Fire safety and fire emergency response
- Incident reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Work Health and Safety Committees
- Students must be 14 years or over. If under 18 a parent or guardian must sign your enrollment form to accept responsibility.
- You must bring 100 points of original identification with you on the day of training.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn at all times during training.
- You will be required to pass a language, literacy and numeracy skills assessment on-line, prior to completing enrollment.
The course is conducted face to face in a classroom-based learning environment over one day. You will attend for at least 7 hours. Start and finish times will be based on your location or school requirements.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
White Card will be posted to the student/participant to the enrolled address by SafeWork NSW.