This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so, they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements set out by the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff. The Early Childhood Education course will teach you a range of skills designed to help you give young children the best start in life possible. Throughout the course you will learn how to ensure children’s health and safety while in a care environment, including promoting healthy eating, how to work effectively using learning and ethical frameworks, and how to support the physical and emotional well-being of children in your care.
- Authorised Supervisor
- Child Care Manager
- Childhood Educator
- Early Childhood Educator
- Children’s Advisor
- Children’s service director/ manager
- Children’s services coordinator
- Program leader
- Child development educator
Work placement Requirements:
A requirement of this course is to complete 240 hours of practical placement. Students need to meet the requirements of the Children’s Services organisation in which they work in order to complete their structured workplace learning. It is the responsibility of the student to check their Workplace organisation’s requirements.
- Current Working with Children Check (WWC)
- Must be medically deemed physically fit
- Current police clearance and current First Aid Certificate
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPOL002 – Develop and implement policy
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
The above electives are our standard course outline and electives are chosen based on feedback from industry and past students.
Should you wish to complete an elective unit not listed above, please contact us.
Entry requirements, eligibility and enrolment process
Should there be any formal entry requirements this will be listed in the Training & Assessment Strategy, and Australian Lifesaver Training entry requirements are listed below.
Entry requirements for Diploma:
- Have equivalents to the HSC or School Certificate
- Have equivalent work or other life experiences
- Successful completion of Police Check and Working with Children Check Meet special admission requirements (e.g. age 18+ years)
Selection into the course will be based upon numbers permitted in each course, your motivation levels and meeting the entrance criteria. If one of our courses is related to a specific target group then you need to meet these requirements. This is a condition of some government funded courses.