CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Our Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care course will also teach you the ways to provide experiences of play and learning to support children’s development plus many other excellent child caring and work-based skills. ISEC will provide you first-class training and student support while you undertake your training in child care.
Our early childhood education and care trainers have extensive years’ experience in delivering nationally accredited and recognised child care training designed to meet the needs of students from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Child Care Assistant
- Child Care Educator
- Family Day Care Assistant or Educator
- Mobile Childcare Assistant Educator
Work Placement Requirements
A requirement of this course is to complete 120 hours of practical placement. Students need to meet the requirements of the Children’s Services organisation in which they work in order to complete their structured workplace learning. It is the responsibility of the student to check their Workplace organisation’s requirements
- Current Working with Children Check (WWC)
- Must be medically deemed physically fit
- Current police clearance and current First Aid Certificate
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
- CHCECE006 Support the behaviour of children and young people
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCECE014 Comply with family day care administration requirements
The above electives are our standard course outline and electives are chosen based on feedback from industry and past students.
Should you wish to complete an elective unit not listed above, please contact us.
Entry Requirements, Eligibility and Enrolment Process
Should there be any formal entry requirements this will be listed in the Training & Assessment Strategy, and Australian Lifesaver Training entry requirements are listed below.
Entry requirements for Certificate III:
- Have equivalents to the HSC or School Certificate
- Have equivalent work or other life experiences
- Have equivalent overseas qualifications
- Meet special admission requirements (e.g. age 18+ years)
- Do a short bridging course to get your skills up
- Successful completion of Police Check and Working With Children Check Entry requirements
Selection into the course will be based upon numbers permitted in each course, your motivation levels and meeting the entrance criteria. If one of our courses is related to a specific target group then you need to meet these requirements. This is a condition of some government-funded courses.